Do you sit around twiddling your thumbs thinking “Gee, I wish someone would give me an access code to Trion World’s Rift beta.”? Well you should, because we’ve got a ton of codes that could solve such a problem.
What is Rift?
Rift is an MMO from Trion Worlds, but it’s an MMO with a twist. While most others will have reasonably static worlds, the landscape in Rift can be altered on-the-fly changing entirely it’s mood, appearance and what you need to do in it.
How does this change take place? Well, Telara, the world on which Rift takes place, is slightly broken. It’s being torn apart, leaving “tears” in the fabric of the world, or the titular rifts. As a “noble Guardian or techno-magical Defiant” you can rip these rifts open, and allow one of 8 primal forces pour into the Telaran world. The primal forces reside on the elemental planes of Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Life, and Death, with each bringing forth their own creatures .
- Full-Featured: Guilds, dungeons, raids, auctions, crafting, a vibrant economy, Player vs. Player combat, and more!
- Deeper Gameplay: New features like Guild Quests and Artifact Collections enhance your gaming experience by giving you earned achievements that matter.
- Highly Accessible HD Graphics: Play a game that has stunning visuals on virtually any computer, even if your PC isn’t state-of-the-art.
- World as Your Adversary: Extra-planar creatures surge into the world from rifts, turning bastions of safety into frenzied battlefields. Defeat these monsters and earn unique rewards, or use them to your advantage by forcing enemies to engage them. Your choices impact others!
- 8 Primal Forces: Creatures from the Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Life, and Death planes battle for control of the world of Telara! Two warring factions—the Guardians and the Defiant—face off against each other and fight creatures from the planes as they seek to save the world.
- PvP Combat: Battle others in exhilarating Player vs. Player combat! Earn PvP ranks, titles, loot, and unique souls to further enhance your character. Head to four cross-server Warfronts and fight others in world PvP.
- Build Your Class: No other game lets you build your class the way Rift does. Specialize in a single class or pick and choose abilities from many to create a character uniquely suited to your play-style—and have fun while you experiment!
- Choose Your Role: Each character can have up to four different roles, so you can choose different classes for every situation! You might have one for PvP and another for raids; or perhaps you want a high-damage or high-defense build. The choice is yours to mix and match as you see fit!
The whole idea behind Rift is an MMO experience, but one that you’re very much in control of. You can dictate your own class, and thus strategy, as well as what you fight, and with whom you fight it. If you’re looking for more details, you can hit up the Rift website.
So, what are you giving away?
We’ve got 1000 standard codes, and 25 VIP codes to give away. The standard codes can get you access to one beta event, the date of which is yet to be announced. The VIP code can get you access to all beta events that occur from here on.
How do I win one?
You can use comments section below to explain what would make you a good Guardian, or Defiant. Use the Rift classes page for inspiration, then paint us a picture with words. Make us believe.
Alternatively, you can “Like” the Rift give away post on Facebook, or follow Thumb Culture and retweet the Rift give away post on Twitter (don’t forget to add an @ThumbCulture so we can find you).
VIP Codes – To have a go at winning a VIP code fill out our Thumb Culture Reader Survey. Don’t worry, we don’t ask you for anything personal. It’s all about your gaming habits and tendencies, so we can better focus our content. You can [fill out the survey here].
This giveaway does not come under our usual Terms and Conditions, so is open to everyone, although it’s still a good idea to check and double-check that Rift is available wherever you are.
We’ll start awarding codes on January 3rd 2011 at 5pm (GMT) by choosing the best entries in the comments, and random entries on Facebook, Twitter, and those who complete the survey.
UPDATE: The survey is now closed, as all the VIP codes have been allocated. We still have standard codes to give away though. We’ll be giving them away here, on Facebook, and Twitter.